Hello all new and returning members,
My name is Jamie Weber and I am very excited to join the Alliance as the new Student and Young Professional Coordinator to help grow the next generation of energy professionals.
I know firsthand how important my networking and internships in college were for me to get a job and I would love to be a resource for you to help you find those opportunities through the Alliance.
Joining the Alliance is free (our corporate sponsor is Basic Energy Services) and can give you several opportunities to interact with the 2600 members of the Texas Alliance of Energy Producers and network. As I step into my new role with the Texas Alliance, I encourage you to reach out to me so that we can discuss any questions or concerns you may have moving forward.
Benefits of becoming a student member of the Texas Alliance
● As student members of the Alliance, you will stay informed on legislative briefings of state and federal issues and their impact on the industry.
● You will receive our email periodicals and publications at no charge.
● It will provide you with the opportunity to network and attend TAEP events and seminars.
● You will have the opportunity to potentially gain scholarships, internships, and mentorships with our highly skilled members.
● Joining as a student is free and your free membership will extend one full year after you graduate.
The Texas Alliance of Energy producers currently has the largest student membership program of any statewide trade association with almost 300 student members in 30 schools across the country.
We are looking to increase this number even more because 40-60% of the current workforce will retire in the next 5-10 years, and as young professionals, the Alliance would love to help you maximize the opportunities becoming available due to this workforce shift.
Texas Alliance student memberships are developed by students with students in mind and are always free. We are very excited about our growing student program and are working hard to create a valuable experience for our students and members.
If you are interested in learning more about internship or mentorship opportunities, please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss any questions, comments, or suggestions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org.