With more than 2,600 members in 34 states, the Texas Alliance of Energy Producers is the largest statewide oil and gas trade association for Independents in the nation.
Click here to open a Texas Alliance Membership Form
The Texas Alliance of Energy Producers became a statewide organization in 2000 with the merger of two of the oldest oil & gas associations in the nation: the North Texas Oil & Gas Association and the West Central Texas Oil & Gas Association.The Alliance has two offices to serve the needs of its members: Austin and Wichita Falls. Wichita Falls office maintains the administrative, membership, communications and meetings functions. The Alliance’s government relations program is operated out of the Austin office.
Alliance members are the decision-makers in the oil and gas industry.
– 47% said they are the sole owner of their company
– 13% said they are co-owners
– 15% said they are the CEO
Most (81%) said they were over 50 years of age and 52% said they had been in business over 30 years. Another 29% said they had been in business 21 – 30 years.
Alliance members are well educated:
– 65% said they have a bachelor’s degree
– 21% said they have a master’s degree
– 5% said they have another advanced degree.
Alliance members represent all segments of the energy industry:
– 75% of Alliance members are work in exploration & production
– 25% of Alliance members are drilling and well servicing contractors, service and supply companies, crude oil and natural gas purchasers, accountants, lawyers, and bankers.
Two-thirds of the members said they have 10 or fewer employees, while 5% said they had more than 100 employees.
Alliance members are active in the oil & gas industry throughout the State of Texas and beyond:
– 83% have operations in South Texas (Railroad Commission Districts 1 – 4)
– 35% operate in East Texas (RRC Districts 5 & 6)
– 73% operate in North Texas (RRC Districts 9 & 10)
– 92% operate in West Texas (RRC Districts 7B, 7C, 8, & 8A)
– 44% operate in Oklahoma
– 32% operate in New Mexico
– 27% operate in Louisiana
– 53% operate in various other states